Queen Latifah Net Worth: Queen Latifah is an American professional rapper, actress, producer, singer, and songwriter. Queen was born in Newark, New Jersey, United States on March 18, 1970. Queen Latifah released her debut studio album “All Hail the Queen” after she signed a contract with Tommy Boy Records in 1989.
Table of Contents
You may also like:
- Gwen Stefani Net Worth 2021, Age, Height, Kids
- Chris Brown Net Worth, Age, Wiki, Girlfriend
- Kanye West Net Worth 2021, Age, Kids and Height
Queen Latifah Net Worth is around $70 million. Queen released her second album “Nature of a Sista” in 1991, which was also her final album with “Tommy Boy Records”. Queen starred in “Living Single” from 1993 to 1998 on Fox sitcom. Queen released her third album “Black Reign” in 1993, Queen won a Grammy Award through “U.N.I.T.Y.” single which was also peaked on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In 1996, Queen released her fourth album “Order in the Court” and also performed a lead role in “Set It Off” movie in 1998, with Motown Records. Queen gained audience attention and mainstream success and also received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress with her performance in the film Chicago which was released in 2002 and played an important role in Queen’s Success.
How Queen Latifah Spent her Early Life?
Dana Elaine Owens who is also known by her stage name as Queen Latifah was born in Newark, New Jersey and raised in eastern Oregon, New Jersey, United States. Queen is the daughter of Rita and Lancelot Owens. Queen was raised in the Baptist faith and her parents divorced she was only 10 years old.
Queen Attended Catholic School in Newark, New Jersey, United States. Queen Latifah found her name “Latifah” meaning “delicate and very kind” from an Arabic book. Queen was a forward in her High School basketball team. Queen performed “Home” from the musical “The Wiz” in a grammar school play. Queen Latifah released her fifth album “The Dana Owens Album” in 2004.
Queen released 2 more albums “Trav’lin Light” and “Persona” from 2007 to 2009. Queen Latifah also runs the show “The Queen Latifah Show” from 2013 to 2015, which was a huge success for Queen to pursue her career in the Hollywood industry. Queen Latifah Net Worth dramatically increases after Queen starred in “Living Single” from 1993 to 1998 on Fox sitcom.
Queen Latifah has appeared in several movies to make her way in Hollywood such as “Bringing Down the House” in 2003, “Taxi” in 2004, “Barbershop 2: Back in Business” and “Beauty Shop” both in 2005, “Last Holiday” in 2006 and many more. Queen won the “Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Television Movie” and has starred in as Carlotta Brown in the musical drama series “Star”.
Queen is considered one of the hip-hop pioneer feminists in Hollywood. Queen received a “Hollywood Walk of Fame” in 2006. Queen Latifah has earned Grammy Award, Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, two NAACP Image Awards, an Academy Award nomination for her brilliant lead role and sales of over 2 million copies of her music albums all over the world which shows that how much a global superstar she is.
Some Important Details about Queen Latifah
- Born Name: Dana Elaine Owens
- Nick Name: Queen Latifah, Queen of Jazz-Rap, Hip-Hop’s First Lady
- Age: March 18, 1970
- Sun Sign: Pisces
- Born Place: Newark, New Jersey, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Model, Producer, Actor, Talk Show Host, and Rapper
- Genre: Hip-Hop, Soul, Gospel, Dance, Jazz
- Instruments: Vocals
- Labels: Tommy Boy, Verve, A&M, Interscope, Polygram, Warner Bros
- Build: Large
- Height: 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- Weight: 91 kg
- Spouse/ Girlfriend: Debbie Allen, Sean Moon, Martin Kendu, Jeanette Jenkins and Paula Patton
- Race/Ethnicity: Black
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Brand Endorsements: Gap, Mattel
- Religion: Christianity
- First Album: All Hail the Queen
- First Film: Jungle Fever
- Shoe Size: 10 US
Queen Latifah Career Beginning
Queen started hip-hop beast boxing and was an original member of the “Flavor Unit” and was grouped around producer DJ King Gemini. DJ King the producer who gave the recording demo of Queen Latifah’s rap “Princes of the Posse” and gave the recording to “Fab 5 Freddy” who is the host of Yo! MTV Raps.
The single got the attention of Dante Ross, who signed Latifah and issued her first single “Wrath of My Madness” in 1998. Queen Latifah Net Worth is around $70 million and she also runs her own show named “The Queen Latifah Show” from 2013 to 2015, which was a huge success for Queen to pursue her career in the Hollywood industry.
Queen Latifah Hip-Hop and Traditional Singing
Queen marks her name in hip-hop by rapping about the issue of black women. Queen songs covered topics of harassment on the streets, violence, and relationship problems with husbands. Queen released her first album with Tommy Boy Records and Freddy was the man who first introduced Queen to Tommy Boy Records. Due to her work for black women, Queen received an award from the National Coalition of 100 Black Women in 1992.
Latifah started singing to soul music and jazz standards, which she sparingly used in her previously hip-hop records to feel a classic touch of hip-hop music. Latifah sang at the famed Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California as the heading act in a live jazz concert and her song “Trav’lin Light” was nominated for a Grammy Award in the “Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album” category.
How much is Queen Latifah Net Worth?
Queen Latifah Net Worth is around $70 million according to some credible sources. Queen Latifah has income coming in from different sources. Queen started her career as a rapper and became a Hollywood sensation. All of Queen Latifah albums have achieved gold status and to date, she has released 7 albums, collectively sold 2 million copies all over the world.
Queen’s first movie was 1996 “Set It Off” which made $41 million against a $9 million budget. As an Executive producer, Latifah has churned out many successful projects from 1999 to 2015 on Netflix, Fox Drama, and TV reality show Scream.
- 2012: $45 million
- 2013: $47 million
- 2014: $50 million
- 2015: $52 million
- 2016: $56 million
- 2017: $58 million
- 2018: $60 million
- 2019: $63 million
- 2020: $70 million
Queen Latifah Interesting Facts
- Queen was a forward player in her High School basketball team due to being one of the taller students in the class.
- Queen work at Burger King which she did while studying at Manhattan Community College.
- Queen began beatboxing and rapping for local hip-hop groups in the Bronx area of New York City.
- Queen was a member of the “Flavor Unit”, which consists of rap artists and MCs led by a DJ called The 45 King.
- Queen was very close to her mother who was a single mom and worked 3 jobs to raise her kids.
- Latifah’s parents were divorced when she was only 10 years old.
- Queen was enrolled in the same school where her mother worked as a teacher.
- Queen Latifah got her second name from an Arabic book which her cousin brought home a book in which Latifah meant “Kind and delicate” and she did not want to be MC Latifah, that’s why she changed her name to Queen Latifah form, MC Latifah.
- Queen Latifah wanted to be an actress from her childhood but before that, she thought of being a marine biologist.
- Queen is very religious and conscious and does not travel without her Bible.
- Queen Latifah Net Worth dramatically increases after Queen starred in “Living Single” from 1993 to 1998 on Fox sitcom.
Queen Latifah Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/queenlatifah/
Queen Latifah Official Website: https://queenlatifah.com/