Henry Cavill is a British actor best recognized for his illustrious role as Superman in the commercially popular films produced by the American film franchise, the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). These include the 2013 release Man of Steel (2013), the later installment Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), the third film Justice League (2017), and the director’s cut Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021), He is set to reprise his role for the second season of the Netflix series The Witcher, as well as the upcoming Netflix film Enola Holmes 2.
Early Life & Biography
Henry William Dalgliesh Cavill was born in Saint Helier, one of the many parishes of Jersey, located in the Channel Island, to parents Marianne Dalgliesh and Colin Cavill. He is of the Catholic faith, the fourth of five brothers. He does not have a background in acting, having received education in a boarding school in Stowe School, England. Currently, Cavill stays in South Kensington, located in London. He is not married, though publicly in a relationship with the 31-year-old Natalie Viscuso, an executive working in the production company behind some of Cavill’s lead role movies.
You may also like:
- David Schlum, The Self-Made Multi-Millionaire From Detroit
- Trae Myers, Country Music Celebrity
- J.T. Hiskey Net Worth, Age, Height, and Biography
- Dr. Catharine J. Song DDS, Cosmetic Dentist
- Chris Bianchi, Worldwide Artist Manager and Marketing Consultant
Besides his DC character Superman, Henry Cavill has also starred in other notable roles, such as Charles Brandon in the histo-fiction Showtime television series The Tudors (2007-2010), as well as Geralt of Rivia and Sherlock Holmes in the Netflix series’ The Witcher (2019-current) and Netflix film Enola Holmes (2020), respectively. His most recent blockbuster film Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021), along with Hollywood stars such as Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, was estimated to have earned more than US$650 million as of March this year, compared to its overall budget of about US$70-110 million.
Cavill first debuted on the big screen through his appearance in the 2001 feature film Hotel Laguna, at the age of 17. He then went on to portray minor roles in film and television, such as The Count of Montecristo (2002) and Midsomer Murders (2003). From 2003 to 2007, he continued to bag supporting roles in many other film adaptations, which would later secure his career in the Hollywood scene. His first breakout role was in The Tudors, a 4-year running series that earned a Golden Globe nomination in 2007, and a subsequent Emmy Awards win in 2008.
While his acting prowess was evident in his prominent roles, Cavill has also lost on a lot of major projects that would otherwise have helped his stardom. He was removed from his role in McG’s 2004 film Superman: Flyby, as the previous actor had the role reprised. He was supposed to play Cedric Diggory for the Harry Potter franchise, as well as the vampire Edward Cullen in the Twilight saga, and even James Bond for Casino Royale. He is, however, currently on the running for a Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television this 2021, from his performance in The Witcher.
Profile & Interesting Facts
- Age: 38 (Born May 5, 1983)
- Nationality: English (British)
- Nationality: English (British)
- Hobbies: Martial Arts, Gaming (Warhammer, World of Warcraft, The Witcher, Total War Series), Sports (Rugby, Weight Training), Languages (fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, French)
- Estimated Net Worth: US $40,000,000
- Henry has an immense love for animals He has a pet dog, an Akita named Kal-el, based on his DC character Superman. He had also taken it upon himself to be active in the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust as an ambassador since 2014.
- His alternative career would have been to join the Royal Marine Corps, treading in the footsteps of his brother. He is currently Royal Marines ambassador.
• His continuing role as Geralt of Rivia in the Netflix series The Witcher is inspired by a collection of books of the same name. It follows a medley of bestseller fictional novels and fantasy plots written by Polish author Andrezj Sapkowski. To find out more about Henry Cavill’s up and coming second season as Geralt, you can visit:
Henry Cavill Social Media Profiles